Having an app like Uber has been a goal for transport companies, especially taxi companies. This came as a response to seeing a business model that is easier to articulate and whose efficiency has already been proven. Opening a door that filled the market with opportunities that will only work if the app is accompanied by a quality service.
One might come to believe that with so many programmers offering their services this will be easy to achieve. This is a mistake, this type of applications can be complex, since they need certain components to be efficient. For example, they must have an integrated GPS, a real-time system, be able to adapt it to Android and iPhone, among other features. Even with all this, it is an investment that can generate a lot of profits for your company, why not invest to have a successful future?
One factor that will determine the final price of a taxi app is the type of application, in short, how complex its development is. It will also influence the time it will take to be ready to release to the public. As well as how clear you have your project, well-drawn lines make development processes less cumbersome.
One of the main points to deal with is the native application, it develops the language of a given operating system. Android and iOS are of variable cost, depending on the country, the market or the extension of processes. However, these types of apps are usually more expensive due to their particular code, since it does not allow reusing another and they need specialists. It allows a personalized design, takes advantage of the characteristics of the device and has a better response time.
They can be developed in a language for the two biggest platforms iOS and Android. Small adaptations are made to work on each device. It is a recommended option for those looking to reduce costs and development time. It should be noted that this results in the user experience being compromised.
Add-ons that make an app like Uber
Keep in mind that making an application and customizing it is not a matter of a day. So if you're short on time, it's best to hire services like ToolRides, which already have the experience to create an application of this type. These applications must have the following details or additions to be considered efficient:
- Something basic in an app like Uber must be to have a built-in GPS system that automatically finds the customer's location. That it has a comfortable and easy-to-use map to mark the stops or routes. This applies to drivers, users and the people who monitor that reservations are completed.
- Have an online payment system, which is varied to make it attractive to potential customers. That includes a special wallet for drivers, where they can see the amount they have accumulated. And all versions of the app must include a payment history, to facilitate tracking.
- You must include dynamic forms to collect all the data necessary for a secure registration. They can be modifiable but in summary it must have spaces for identification, telephone number, among others.
- Dashboard or panel of administrators, where the statistics and graphs of the day, week or month can be viewed. The dashboard created by us at ToolRides includes this plus earnings, a top rider and how many are available. You can also monitor in real time the percentages of reservations that are cancelled, programmed, active or completed.
- Ranking and reviews tabs in both driver and passenger apps. This will give you an idea of what to expect prior to each assignment or booking.
- Versatility to add coupon redemption and merchant partners.
Let's talk about prices
To create a panel of administrators from scratch of the ones that we already mentioned, approximately 200 hours are needed, you can have an idea of the effort. Including a developer account for your app like Uber to get on the App Store and the Play Store costs about $100. Depending on whether or not the app is connected to your online information there is also a percentage difference.
Another factor that should be taken into account is the area or region where it is being developed. Hourly rate ranges from $10 to $75 in parts of India, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia. This may seem cheap to you, but in countries like Indonesia the maximum fee is only $20. Service costs in South America are typically $25 to $120. One of the most expensive is usually Western Europe, Canada and the United States from $35 to $250.
Let's talk about the elephant in the room, the average budget for developing apps similar to Uber ranges from $10 to $30,000. Of course, it can vary depending on the platform chosen for the operating system and what additional features you want to integrate. If you take an average rate of $50 per hour, a basic app will cost around $25,000. An intermediate between $50,000 and $100,000 and a complex one could exceed $100,000.
Maintain your app
Once the time and effort results in an app like Uber, you will have to make some last budgets. It is important to keep it after it is available, that will be done by paying for the server, memberships, support and updates. Sounds like a big expense, but that was already done when paying to develop it. If you have any other questions or are looking for an exact budget, do not hesitate to write to us, at ToolRides we will explain what you need.